Cape Town city captures the hearts of travellers from all over the world with its mesmerising landscapes, vibrant culture, and rich history. From the iconic Table Mountain to beautiful beaches, Cape Town invites visitors to immerse themselves in its charm. While Cape Town is often associated with expensiveness, we’re here to let you in on a delightful secret: you can have an incredible adventure without breaking the bank.
In this blog post, we are excited to share a list of five exceptional hidden gems and budget-friendly activities that will allow you to make the most of your time in Cape Town without straining your finances. Whether you’re a solo backpacker, a family on a budget, or an adventurous traveller seeking incredible experiences, Cape Town will surprise you with its diverse range of affordable options. Discover the best Cape Town has to offer, even on a modest budget.
1. Table Mountain
One of the most iconic landmarks in Cape Town, Table Mountain, is not only a natural wonder but also an incredibly affordable attraction. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to spend a fortune to experience the breathtaking beauty of Table Mountain. The Table Mountain Aerial Cableway provides a budget-friendly option for visitors to reach the top and enjoy the panoramic views of the city and surrounding landscapes. Additionally, nature enthusiasts can take advantage of the many hiking trails available, offering a memorable and inexpensive way to explore the mountain’s diverse flora and fauna. Whether you choose to ascend by cable car or embark on a hiking adventure, Table Mountain proves that you can witness extraordinary beauty without breaking the bank in Cape Town.
(Valid from 1 October 2022 - 30 September 2023)
- Adult (08:00 - 13:00): Return - R395 | One-Way - R220
- Adult (13:00 - close): Return - R340 | One-Way - R220
- Child (08:00 - 13:00): Return - R195 | One-Way - R120
- Child (13:00 - close): Return - R170 | One-Way - R120
- SA Senior Citizen: Return - R110 | One-Way - R60
- Students: Return - 230 | One-Way - R130
Operating Hours: 08:00 - 16:00
2. Two Oceans Aquarium
Credit: Two Oceans Aquarium Website
Prices: (Prices valid until 31 March 2024)
- Adults: R235
- SA Pensioners (ID Required): R175
- SA Students (Student Card Required): R175
- Children (14 - 17 years): R175
- Children (4 - 13 years): R110
- Children (3 and under): FREE
Operating Hours: Monday - Friday: 09:30 - 18:00
Weekends, Public holidays and School holidays: 09:00 - 18:00
When exploring Cape Town, a visit to Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden is a must, offering an affordable and charming experience. Enjoying the natural beauty and serenity of Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens doesn't require a hefty budget, making it accessible for visitors looking to immerse themselves in the stunning surroundings. As you wander through the perfectly maintained gardens, you'll be captivated by the diverse flora and treated to breathtaking views of Table Mountain along the scenic pathways. Moreover, Kirstenbosch hosts a variety of affordable concerts and events throughout the year, providing additional entertainment. Whether you're a nature lover, photography enthusiast, or simply seeking a peaceful retreat, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden offers an affordable sanctuary of beauty and relaxation in Cape Town, ensuring an unforgettable experience.
(Valid from 1 April 2023 - 31 March 2024)
- Standard Adult: R220 | SA Adults (ID Required): R100
- Children (6 - 17 years): R40
- Children (6 and under): Free
- SA Residents >60 years (ID Required): Free on Tuesdays, except on public holidays.
Operating Hours: April - August: 08:00 - 18:00
September - March: 08:00 - 19:00
4. Iziko South African Museum and Planetarium
Prices: (Valid until further notice)
- Adults: R60 | SA Adults (ID Required): R40
- Children (5 - 18 years): R60 | SA Children (5 - 18 years): R20
- Pensioners & Students: R60 | SA Pensioners & Students (with valid cards): R20 - Free entry on Friday’s
Operating Hours: Monday - Sunday: 09:00 - 17:00
5. Castle Of Good Hope
Credit: Castle of Good Hope Website
(Valid until further notice)
- Adults: R50
- Children: R25
- SA Pensioners & Students (with valid cards): R25
Operating Hours: Monday - Sunday: 09:00 - 17:00
Cape Town offers a multitude of exceptional and budget-friendly experiences for every traveller and welcomes you with open arms. Embark on your affordable journey and discover the remarkable wonders this city has to offer.
*Please note that the information provided was accurate at the time of publication. Three Boutique Hotel cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies or changes that may have occurred. If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to inform us, and we will be happy to assist you.